31 Oct Haunted by Scary Conversations?
Scary conversations can happen anywhere and with any of the ghoulish creatures that haunt our worlds, not just on Halloween. You might be talking with one of these creepy critters:
- GHOSTS – These folks seem to be in the same conversation as you, but they don’t listen to anything anyone else is saying.
- WITCHES – They seem interested in what’s being said but they have their own agendas, which may not be the same as yours.
- GOBLINS- These frisky folks have a sharp eye out for any mis-steps or misinterpretations~ stirring up trouble is their goal.
- MONSTERS – These are easy to spot. They want nothing to do with whatever you have to say.
Scary conversations can be about bad behavior, misunderstandings, awkward situations, disagreements, hurt feelings, bad news, accusations, or simply giving a direction. What they have in common is that emotion and behavior are involved and these are sensitive areas.
Anyone contemplating such an interaction struggles with questions such as:
- Do I have the right to say this?
- How do I begin?
- What if she….?
- Then what happens?
A quick guide to getting started can answer those questions.
- You have a right to speak from your position. “I want, need, observe, think, feel.”
- Know where you want to end up and craft a script that gets you there. Asking the other person to speak to the situation gives insight into what track to take.
- No matter what the other person says, keep the conversation where you started. You can have other conversations about peripheral topics at another time. This one is yours.
- Say what you want to happen. Be clear.
Not all conversations fit the same neat format, but knowing these 4 basic steps will help clear the cobwebs from many scary interactions. And they might help defang those creepy critters.
Click here for more information!